The main purpose of the Communications Committee is to maintain regular and timely communication with the membership through relevant channels including print, web, social media, and emerging platforms.
Contacting the Committee
About our Committee
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers regarding communications issues
- Serve as a resource to the LEC Officers and local committee members on best practices involving communication with the membership including copyright issues, photo permissions, spam, and privacy policies.
- Maintain the Local Council section of the AFA PSA website and social media presence
- Update website and social media content regularly. Be able to make updates on short notice.
- Create and distribute regular electronic informational updates to the Flight Attendants and maintain email lists
- Handle correspondence from local committees regarding current happenings and information of interest and compile for use in informational updates
- Promote new means of communication between AFA and the members including SMS, Twitter, Facebook, and other emerging platforms
- Actively monitor communications from management to the Flight Attendants to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of information. Immediately report any inaccurate, inappropriate, or suspect information to the LEC President.
- Provide reports to the LEC Officers on the effectiveness of communication activities including web site traffic information, electronic communication reports, social media activity, etc.