Purpose and Scope
To investigate Flight Attendant complaints about hotel facilities and transportation providers and to periodically inspect these facilities for any decline in quality. The Chairperson of this committee will act to survey potential facilities and attempt to eliminate or avoid any possible problems involving transportation or layover facilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers regarding hotel and transportation issues
- Monitor and investigate Flight Attendant write-ups of issues involving hotels, transportation, and any associated safety concerns
- Review current and potential future layover sites for compliance with contract language
- Coordinate with the Grievance Committee regarding any possible contractual violations concerning hotel or transportation issues on members’ behalf
- Attend management briefings and coordinate with management counterparts regarding Union input to potential future accommodations